SPUG: JOB: mod_perl dev, e-commerce firm in Seattle

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Tue Mar 25 14:31:15 PDT 2008

 - contract to perm
 - 12+ months on contract, can go perm within 3 months
 - incentive stock options for permanent
 - placement is through a recruiter
 - W-2 or 1099, no restrictions on 1099
 - located in Seattle
 - *no* telecommuting
 - industry: e-commerce

MOD-PERL

Take your next step with a cutting edge company as a SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

The right candidate will be working closely with a team of dedicated
engineers.

We are looking for an experience MOD_PERL developer to add to a talented,
motivated team. Successful candidates must be able to write sustainable
code quickly and accurately.  You must have a passion for writing modular
software systems capable of handling large loads and high-traffic
patterns.

There's great career growth opportunity, and we can't wait to hear from
you.  A career at -------- is about being excited every day about your
role, your team and the company.  At ------------------- you will interact
with smart, passionate, committed people.

We'd love to hear what you want to do. We're certain you want to be here
while you are doing it!

Qualifications

 - Thorough understanding of object-oriented methodology
 - Thorough understanding of MVC architectures
 - Experience with coding database-backed web applications
 - Expert knowledge in either mod_perl
 - Intermediate knowledge of a mod_perl templating language
 - Intermediate CSS and Javascript skills
 - Willingness to work in an Agile development environment
 - Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical ideas

This is a contract position with a strong possibility of it going perm,
with a competitive pay and benefits.

If you are interested in this opportunity please contact me:

Fedra

fedray at ParkerServices.com
206-652-1583 DIRECT