SPUG: JOB: Perl Programmer Position

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Tue Jan 29 14:15:21 PST 2008

I have an opportunity for a FT position with a well funded and innovative
medical device firm in Seatle, Wa. They are developing a wonderful product
which will enable hundreds of thousands of individuals to improve, if not
save, their lives in the area of neural stimulation It's a great team
and they offer strong salary and benefits (stock options etc.,). If you are
not interested in this position, but feel you know of someone who may be,
please forward them this information. I do offer a $1000.00 referral fee
for placed candidates. Please call me at 805-624-9834. No telecommuting
and W-2 or 1099s, open

ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
 - Contributes to development and modification of Perl-based programming
   application for batch control and UI functions associated with the
   Company's high-performance computing infrastructure
 - Contributes to the development and documentation of formal testing
   associated with these applications
 - Contributes to definition and review of software modules and
   applications supporting the Company's high-performance computing
   infrastructure
 - Timely design and implementation of various software applications and
   modules with the highest level of quality
 - Documents results of design and development activities in a manner
   consistent with the Project Plan and applicable Company policies and
   procedures

EDUCATION (list minimum level of education required to perform the job)

 - Bachelors Degree in related engineering field.

EXPERIENCE (list minimum level of experience required to perform the job)

 - 3+ years in-depth Perl programming skills, preferably for PC
   applications
 - 3+ years experience with database and UI programming
 - Skilled with MS-Windows based PC's
 - Familiarity with network architectures
 - Exposure to software development in an FDA, or other regulated,
   environment preferred
 - Small and/or early-stage company experience optimal

SPECIALIZED PROFICIENCY

 - Expert level Perl programming skills
 - Proficient in CGI, Tk programming
 - Proficient in some form of database programming (e.g., MySQL, Sql)
 - Configuration management software, build systems & issue tracking
   software experience

Alex Szwed
805-624-9834
Managing Partner