SPUG: JOB: Web Dev III - WhitePages.com
jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Tue Jan 29 14:15:12 PST 2008
Web Developer III
Physical Location: 1301 Fifth Ave, Suite 1600 map
Seattle, WA 98101
Company's Product: WhitePages.com provides a simple, fast and reliable
way to find personal and business contact information
online, and via web-enabled mobile devices. We also
power the white pages of several leading websites and
Our Mission: To be the single best source for finding information to contact people.
Contact Information: jcaggiano at whitepages.com
Job Incentives: Bonus Plan and Stock Incentives
Contact: Initially through recruiters and then with other company staff
The Web Developer III is responsible for the implementation and
maintenance of the WhitePages Network (WPN) applications. This developer
needs to thrive in a fast paced, competitive, team environment. Creative
implementation and trouble-shooting skills are necessary in order to
analyze and remedy ambiguous but complex problems. Advanced skill in
disposition to working in a collaborative development process involving
multiple team members from various departments to deliver quality
content in a timely manner. Must be detail oriented with good
- Produce high quality, custom coded applications and features.
- Interpret and provide feedback on various requirements documents
produced by Product Management and Design teams.
- Fill a development leadership role in small project teams.
- Meeting milestones and project objectives.
- Communicate effectively with all parts of the business.
- Work closely with external and internal customers to define work
commitments, estimates and milestones.
- A willingness to adhere to corporate style guidelines, best practices
and processes while contributing to further refinement and
- Write maintainable code that is easy to read and documented.
- Provide mentorship and training for junior staff as needed.
- Ability to lead and participate in peer code reviews.
- Assist with other company tasks as needed.
Technical knowledge, skills and abilities:
- BS or advanced degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years experience developing DHTML and CSS.
- 3+ years developing XSLT.
- 3+ years of experience with software application development in a
Linux environment using a modern programming language. Perl
- Solid understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with graphic design techniques and familiarity with
Photoshop or GIMP.
- Experience using CVS or other source code management system.
- Demonstrated ability to write and maintain technical documentation.
search. find. connect.
jcaggiano at whitepages.com
More information about the spug-list