SPUG: Meeting Announcement -- 15 January 2008
cmeyer at helvella.org
Wed Jan 9 08:30:20 PST 2008
January 2008 Seattle Perl Users Group (SPUG) Meeting
Topic: Perl Frameworks
Meeting Date: Tuesday, 15 January 2008
Meeting Time: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Location: Terrace Room at The Harbor Steps
Cost: Admission is free and open to the public
This coming Tuesday, January 15th, is the next meeting of the THE SEATTLE
PERL USERS GROUP.
This month we will have a number of SPUG regulars presenting short talks
on various Perl based frameworks. We are taking a loose interpretation
of "frameworks", and the talks will vary from OO systems to RDBMS-OO
interfaces to Web Application frameworks. Here's the schedule:
1. CGI::Application => Andy Sweger
2. HTML::Template => Stephen Blum
3. Template Toolkit => Ingy
4. Mason => Gryphon Shafer
5. DBIx::Class => Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes
6. Catalyst => Colin Meyer
7. Squeak => Josh Jore
8. Moose => Jerry Gay
This will be a great opportunity to get an introduction to these various
frameworks and learn about the pleasures and/or pains of using them.
Thanks again to all the SPUG members that show up at meetings or
participate on the list to make the group worthwhile in the first place,
and all the JAPHs out there for just being.
January's meeting space is provided by Bryan Lhuillier of shiftboard.com.
Terrace Room at The Harbor Steps:
- The Harbor Steps is located at 1st & University Ave in Seattle.
- Parking available on the street or in Western Ave lots.
- The Terrace Room is located on the 6th Floor of the S.W. Building.
- Enter the SW Building directly at 1200 Western Ave or use the Main
Entrance (SE Building) located on 1st Avenue (next to Ipanema Grill)
across from SAM.
- We will post signs and/or people at both entrances, and you can also
ask the concierge (or anybody else) for spot directions to the
- If you get lost, you can call Bryan's mobile phone - 206 427 6436
See you there!
More information about the spug-list