SPUG: OT - Interesting QA meeting on problem solving

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Tue Jan 8 18:09:23 PST 2008

The WSA QA SIG (sponored by Quardev) is having a meeting this Wednesday on
problem solving.  It looks interesting. (See
http://www.quardev.com/events/january_qasig_meeting).

   At our January meeting we welcome John Medina PhD, Director, Brain Center
   for Applied Learning, Seattle Pacific University. Dr. Medina's talk,
   titled The Strange World of Problem Solving, discusses what scientists
   have learned about the brain and some of the things to try to bring
   learning environments into 21st century.

The speaker sounds interesting (see video clips), and he's got a book coming
out soon, that integrates a CD, the web, and the book.  His (multi-)media is
his message, or at least his multi-media publishing model is supported by
his research as he conveys his message.

http://brainrules.net/

I wish I could attend.  Please report back if you go.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!
        MichaelRWolf at att.net