SPUG: Perl history

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes sthoenna at efn.org
Tue Dec 30 19:11:46 PST 2008

On Tue, December 30, 2008 6:31 pm, Christopher Howard wrote:
> Hi. I was browsing the perlhist manpage, when I noticed there was a
> release called "Fool's gold" -- 5.6.1-foolish. Any of you old, err...
> long-time coders remember why it was called that? Just curious, couldn't
> seem to find the answer with google.

See
http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/perl5-porters/2001-04/msg00025.html

(On my long list of to-do-someday projects is to get all the old p5p posts
from xray and format them for Ask to import into nntp.perl.org as
perl.perl5.porters.old, then try to persuade google groups into archiving
them.  If anyone else wants to work on this, Ask wanted the messages
broken up into one message per file.)