SPUG: JOB: Web Crawler developer, telecommute

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Thu Dec 25 12:13:42 PST 2008

Company - Colligent.com:

  We are a startup based in Bellevue, WA. We are a market research company
built around publicly available consumer information in social networks
(MySpace, Facebook, YouTube). Our clients are music labels, radio
stations, and brands. Our research was used to market the latest Bob Dylan
album, Jonas Brothers, Kings of Leon and numerous other artists.

Job Description

  We have 3 major crawlers for each of the social networks, all in Perl.
Some of it need to be evolved and maintained. This will initially be a
contract job with potential to convert to full time. The initial contract
period is Jan-Mar 09. The expected pay range is $40-$75 per hour
commensurate with experience and productivity. The position is directly
with the company on 1099. Though the company is based in Bellevue,
telecommuting is the preferred mode of work with periodic meetings
(in-person if in Seattle area or on phone).

  Interested candidates can contact me (Sree Nagarajan) via email
(sree at colligent.com) or phone 425 891 7501.