SPUG: perldoc failures on OS X

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Sun Dec 7 16:59:55 PST 2008

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008, Michael R. Wolf wrote:

> Since my old #1 problem (no portable computing) is solved, a new #1
> problem has emerged: perldoc(1) is installed, but doesn't work.
>
>      $ perldoc perl
>      No documentation found for "perl".
>
> Look familiar?  Is this a Perl or OS X issue?

It *should* be there, I think. It works fine for me. But I have the
developer tools (Xcode) installed, so I'm not sure where the files come
from. "perldoc -l perl" on my Mac reports:

/System/Library/Perl/5.8.8/pods/perl.pod

(What's the OS X equivelant of Debian's dpkg -S /some/file?)

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.