SPUG: dealing with HTML on list (was: Independent project)

Brian Hatch bri at ifokr.org
Mon Aug 11 22:13:01 PDT 2008

At almost 2008-08-11 21:39 -0700, BenRifkah Bergsten-Buret voiced:

> I've also found it helpful on technical lists for formatting command
> lines and code snippets in fixed width fonts, and especially for
> highlighting subtle differences when helping people with bugs.

My ASCII mailer always does fixed width fonts.  Sounds like this
HTML thing is a real step backwards.

;-)

> If we're going to ban HTML because it's easier for clients to parse
> then we might as well change the list focus to Python because it's
> easier for minds to parse.

If there are no curlies on which I can bounce with my % key in vi,
it isn't a real language.

--
Brian Hatch                  "You don't get 'sysadmin day', you have
   Systems and                your own holiday, network boy!"