SPUG: SPUG Topic: Battle of the Frameworks (Call for Contestants)

Gryphon Shafer gryphon.shafer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:17:49 PST 2007

Greetings all,

One of the ideas raised last SPUG meeting with regard to future topics
was a Perl frameworks overview. Given that we're near the end of the
year, lots of folks are taking vacations and the like, I figure
instead of asking just one person to prepare a talk, we should split
up the work a bit, say each presenter gets 10-ish minutes to offer an
overview and best practices.

Let's take a loose interpretation to "frameworks" and split the load
across several folks. Here's a partial list of "frameworks" (or
framework-ish-like things) that could be on the agenda. Folks who've
already volunteered for one of these have their name associated.
Please suggest additional topics and/or volunteer to pick up a topic.

Catalyst => Colin Meyer
CGI::Application => Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes
Toolkit
Mason
HTML::Template
DBIx::Class
Jifty
POE
Moose

If your favorite framework-ish-like thing isn't on the list, please
don't take offense; I'll gladly add it (and then probably ask you to
volunteer to talk for 10-minutes on it).

Gryphon Shafer
Temporary Topic Organizer