SPUG: JOB: Release Engineer at Expedia

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Fri May 18 12:22:56 PDT 2007

The Release Engineering Team at Expedia is looking for a candidate who is
interested in transforming the way software is released at Expedia.
Primary responsibilities will include designing, implementing and
maintaining large-scale build & deployment automation systems and
maintaining source control systems. This is the perfect chance to play a
large part on designing a system from the ground up. There are huge
opportunities here for leveraging your automation expertise!

Required Skills:

* In-depth knowledge of and experience with one or more of the following
  scripting languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, VBScript.
* Excellent grasp of software engineering principles including
  development and release lifecycle processes
* Ability to troubleshoot complex software applications and
  environment problems.
* Experience deploying Java and J2EE applications (Tomcat a plus).
* SQL Server: able to perform lightweight DBA tasks, and write SQL queries.
* In-depth knowledge of Windows.
* SCM Administration experience with tools such as Perforce, Source
  Depot, Subversion, etc.
* Experience with CruiseControl or other continuous integration
  build systems.

Desirable Skills:

* Experience with commercial data center automation tools, such as
  BladeLogic.
* XML, XHTML, CSS and web development a plus.
* Familiarity with RSS/Atom.
* Experience designing and implementing installers and packaging systems
  (MSI, RPM, NSIS, etc.).

Other details:

* This is a regular, full-time position
* Our compensation package includes base, bonus and restricted stock units
* Interested applicants should email their resume to me:
  sulrich at expedia.com
* We are located in Bellevue, WA (Eastgate)
* With more than $17 billion in annual gross travel bookings, Expedia,
  Inc. plays a leading role in facilitating travel, whether for business
  or for pleasure, and is committed to providing travelers with the very
  best resources to serve their travel needs.

Sheri Ulrich
Technical Recruiter
3150 139th Avenue SE
Bellevue, WA 98005