SPUG: JOB: Web App Dev for Internet retailer
jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Mon Mar 5 13:36:03 PST 2007
Job title: Web application developer for Internet retailer
Pay rate: DOE
Terms: Salaried employee, exempt
Hours: full time
CollegeGear.com, the largest and most powerful collaboration of collegiate
and pro licensed manufacturers and retailers on the Internet, is currently
seeking a web application developer.
We are looking for a bright, self-motivated, and experienced web
application developer to work on our internally developed web and
e-commerce applications. You will be working with our system architect
and lead programmer to create new tools and adapt old ones to keep up with
a dynamic business environment.
What we offer:
- A small, growing company
- Fast development cycles
- Your efforts are visible and have immediate impact on the business
- CollegeGear.com started in 1997 and is an industry leader
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- A highly motivated team
- 5 years Perl programming (for hire) in web applications with positive
experience working closely with others.
- 1 year developing or modifying a functioning e-commerce system.
- 6 years successfully working closely with others in a team
environment. This can be in any field of endeavor.
- 2 years working in modern web-based application development (involving
- Clear and consistent coding style; willing to adapt to a corporate
- Clearly communicate ideas and concepts through spoken and written word
and diagrams (whiteboard communication skills).
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following standard
CPAN modules: HTML::Template, Template Toolkit, DBI, CGI::Application,
Catalyst, or other Perl-based MVC frameworks.
- Intermediate SQL query creation (advanced joins, transactions).
- Experience in the retail/warehouse/distribution industry (any level).
- Database design & advanced SQL.
- A love of the Perl language.
- Pragmatic object oriented programming experience.
- Experience with inventory management, order fulfillment, financial
accounting, shopping cart, geocoding, sales tax, shipping,
receiving, content management, payment services, affiliate account,
accounts receivable, account payable, bulk email, and advertising
Bonus points for the following:
- Debian GNU/Linux package maintenance.
Send text (ASCII) cover letter and resume to perl+jpowad at collegegear.com
More information about the spug-list