SPUG: JOB: 6+ month data munger in Kirkland
jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Sat Mar 3 09:36:16 PST 2007
Six month plus W2 Contract Position open with a client in Kirkland
Telecommuting not offered at this time
Routers and equipment are across the country. Fetch the statistical data;
write reports and do performance reporting. Write scripts and solutions
for large amounts of data. 5-10 different network elements; parse it out;
store it in a regional database.
Downtown Kirkland immediately needs two contractors to do development and
some operational reporting. Contracts will be 6+ months.
- Work with engineering and operations teams to define network reporting
and tools requirements
- Network tools development including design, documentation, code
development, testing, installation procedures, operations manuals,
system backup procedures, and maintenance requirements.
- Support existing and newly created tools that are used within the
- Primary skills needed are PERL for parsing of the data and SQL
- In depth knowledge of networking and IP protocols
- SNMP would be "pretty important; C++ Java interface might be good to
know; maybe HTML"
Out of a network or operational environment would be a plus; monitoring
and reporting; know how to write and program reports
Environment is run somewhat like a start-up company. No firm documented
requirements/not a classic development shop; "here's the problem, try to
figure out a solution", so they need to be able to work in this kind of
environment. Fairly flexible; open to some telecommuting after they are
established (not all the time) normal hours are 8-5; OT available
If interested please send resumes to:
Senior Technical Recruiter
800-235-4091 Ext 136
More information about the spug-list