SPUG: OT: OSCON 2007: Wherefore not The Damian? I beseech thee!

Brian Wisti brianwisti at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 16:38:03 PDT 2007

Hi Adam,

--- Adam Monsen <haircut at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've never besought in this manner before, but I really need your
> help!
>
> I was devastated to hear that my very favorite speaker, Damian
> Conway,
> will not make it to OSCON 2007 this year. I learned object
> orientation
> from Damian's book. I sat mouth agape (and might aghast) in his
> Lingua::Romana::Perligata talk many years ago. I've been inspired by
> his passion and creativity on many occasions.
>
> Apparently the new "Advanced VIM Scripting" tutorial speaker will be
> Steve Oualline. Does anyone know this person? If so, are they a good
> speaker? Is there any chance that Steve has torn apart Vim scripting
> as completely as I'm sure The Damian has?
>
> I'm just trying to figure out if I should ask for my money back. I
> paid out of pocket and it wasn't cheap!
>
> --
> Adam Monsen

Steve Oualline has been around for a while. He wrote the "VI iMproved
(VIM)" book, and is pretty knowledgeable on the topic. I find his style
entertaining, others might not. Asking for your money back? Well,
that's up to you. I'm sure there are one or two things you can do even
without the presence of Damien Conway.

Kind Regards,

Brian Wisti
http://coolnamehere.com/