SPUG: OT: OSCON 2007: Wherefore not The Damian? I beseech thee!

Adam Monsen haircut at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 15:55:12 PDT 2007

I've never besought in this manner before, but I really need your help!

I was devastated to hear that my very favorite speaker, Damian Conway,
will not make it to OSCON 2007 this year. I learned object orientation
from Damian's book. I sat mouth agape (and might aghast) in his
Lingua::Romana::Perligata talk many years ago. I've been inspired by
his passion and creativity on many occasions.

Apparently the new "Advanced VIM Scripting" tutorial speaker will be
Steve Oualline. Does anyone know this person? If so, are they a good
speaker? Is there any chance that Steve has torn apart Vim scripting
as completely as I'm sure The Damian has?

I'm just trying to figure out if I should ask for my money back. I
paid out of pocket and it wasn't cheap!

--
Adam Monsen