SPUG: OSCON 2007 Call for Participation Ends Soon
andrew at sweger.net
Thu Jan 25 11:33:23 PST 2007
Be Heard at OSCON 2007 -- Submit Your Proposal to Lead Sessions and
Tutorials by February 5!
The O'Reilly Open Source Convention
July 23-27, 2007
More than 2500 open source developers, gurus, experts and users will
gather, eager to network, learn, and share the latest knowledge on open
source software. We think of this group as "the best of the best," and we
invite you to contribute to the more than 400 sessions and 40 tutorials
designed to build inspiration and know-how. Submit your proposals at:
Share your favorite techniques, your proven successes, and newly developed
technology in tracks for Linux, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, Databases,
Desktop Applications, Web Applications (client-side and server-side),
Windows, Administration, Security, and Emerging Topics.
No topic (other than closed source software) is off-limits, so send us
your best ideas. Among the hot topics we want to hear about are:
- Tools for the administration and deployment of large server farms
- Parallelization, grid, and multicore technologies
- Seaside, Rails, Django, and other interesting server-side technology
- Ubuntu as an emergent usable Linux distro and contender for Red Hat and
Sun's client and server markets
- Java as open source
- AI, machine learning, and other ways of making software smarter than the
people using it
- User experience and usability engineering lessons for web and desktop
- The spread of open source into law, culture, data, and services, and the
accompanying issues and lessons
For full details and guidelines on submitting your proposal, go to
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2007/. If you know someone who would
be a good speaker, please pass this email on.
Whether as a speaker or as an attendee, you'll want to participate in this
meeting of the best minds in the business, which will also include the
O'Reilly Radar Executive Briefing. Be sure to save the dates -- July
23-27. Registration will open in early April.
We hope to see you in Portland in July!
The OSCON Team
P.S. Remember, proposals for sessions and tutorials must be submitted to
by (11:59PM Pacific Standard Time) Monday, February 5.
More information about the spug-list