SPUG: JOB: Developer / Sys Admin Position with G2 Web Services
jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Thu Feb 15 14:27:10 PST 2007
Developer / Linux Sys Admin
G2 Web Services, LLC is a fast growing leader in Internet Compliance
monitoring. Located in Bellevue, WA we are seeking an experienced Linux
Developer / Sys Admin to collaborate with business and technical staff to
design, develop and maintain G2's applications and systems.
- Development of tools to assist with data parsing, mining, database
analysis using Perl and Java
- MySQL/Postgres Database Administration
- Query Performance Optimization
- Database Design / Analysis
- DB Clustering / Caching
- Linux System Administration experience
- Managing Terabyte storage arrays
- Server Clustering / High Availability
- Experience installing and managing Web platforms and applications.
- Expert knowledge of networking, security, VPNs, and firewalls
- Understanding of email servers and communications protocols
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- B.S. degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in deploying and maintaining highly scalable environments
- Knowledge of Apache, Lucene
- Understanding of Internet crawlers, parsers, queries and data analysis.
- Experience in start-up environments and/or commercial software
development experience is a plus.
- Additional skills a plus: C/C++, PHP, Ruby, Web Services, SOAP, SMTP,
SNMP, Nagios, LDAP
- Permanent position / W-2 Status
- Position is directly with the company
- Includes competitive benefits package
- No telecommuting, onsite only
To apply for this position, send resume and cover letter in an email to
jobs at g2llc.com with the subject "Developer / Sys Admin Position".
More information about the spug-list