SPUG: Meeting Announcement -- 20 February 2007

Colin Meyer cmeyer at helvella.org
Wed Feb 14 11:37:43 PST 2007

    February 2007 Seattle Perl Users Group (SPUG) Meeting

    Topic: Hacking Session - SPUG Meeting Announcement Automation

    Meeting Date: Tuesday, 20 February 2007
    Meeting Time: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
    Location: Whitepages.com offices, downtown Seattle

    Cost: Admission is free and open to the public
    Info: http://seattleperl.org/

Please join us Tuesday evening on the 20 February 2007 at the regular
monthly meeting of the Seattle Perl Users Group. This month will be a
hacking session (for reals this time!). The goal is to create a few
simple tools to automate the SPUG meeting announcements (e.g. sending a
message to the list and updating the webpage).

Thank you to our hosts at Whitepages.com for giving us a great place to
hold our meetings and presentations, to the SPUG-Workers list for making
speaker arrangements, to all the SPUG members that show up at meetings
or participate on the list to make the group worthwhile in the first
place, and all the JAPHs out there for just being.

Meeting Location
================

Whitepages.com is located on the 16th floor of the Rainier Square
Tower (1301 5th Avenue, Seattle) which is across from the 5th Avenue
Theater.

See the directions[1] for a quick primer on how to reach us from
various locations across Puget Sound.

There are plenty of locations to park in the area, including on the
street. If you're looking for off-street parking, you can park in the
Rainier Square garage which has an entrance on Union St.

After 6PM, the building management restricts access to most floors.
Our host is trying to take care of this, but if unsuccessful, they
will station someone on the 1st floor near the elevator bank and 5th
Avenue entrance to let people in. Worst case scenario, give the host a
call on his cell phone[2] and he'll run down to let you in.

Our hosts are providing a generous assortment of free sodas, fruit
drinks, teas, and coffee, and also have some snacks. You definitely
won't dehydrate here.

We look forward to seeing you!

[1] - http://www.whitepagesinc.com/locations
[2] - 206 354 7789