SPUG: Requesting comments from Min. Perl readers

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Fri Feb 2 12:37:20 PST 2007

QUESTION:
What's the best way to bring a book to the attention of the masses who
could benefit from it but haven't yet recognized their need for it?

ANSWER:
By getting satisfied readers to post comments on the book on its
Amazon.com web page! (According to my publisher.)

So I'd appreciate it if those on this list who have read my "Minimal
Perl" book--you know who you are--would go to:

http://www.amazon.com/Minimal-Perl-UNIX-Linux-People/dp/1932394508/sr=1-1/qid=1170447426/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-6308778-4209568?ie=UTF8&s=books

... and post your comments there by scrolling down to the Customer
Reviews section.

Note that these "reviews" don't need to be extensive, and there's no
requirement that you need to read the entire book first. Any comments
you can share that you think might help a prospective reader make a
wiser decision about acquiring the book would be appropriate.

By the way, those of you who haven't visited the book's Amazon page
lately may be interested to know that the "Search Inside!" feature has
finally come alive, letting you browse through the book.

TIA,
-Tim

P.S. For links to all the book's reviews, go to http://MinimalPerl.com

P.P.S. I'm teaching six public Perl classes in Seattle in the next few
months; see http://TeachMePerl.com

|  Tim Maher, PhD  (206) 781-UNIX   http://www.consultix-inc.com    |
|  tim at ( Consultix-Inc, TeachMePerl, or TeachMeUnix ) dot Com    |