SPUG: Google is hiring Perl folks? - request for introduction

Brian Hatch bri at ifokr.org
Mon Dec 31 11:40:13 PST 2007

Around 2007-12-29 00:07 -0800, Nicholas Melnick drawled:

> They want people who have a solid understanding of development theory
> and design.

Yep.

> They will take you in as a Perl developer and immediately
> move you to Python or Java.

Depends.

> They are a very anti-Perl shop, from what
> I've been able to gather from employees and through interviews.

Certain groups, not all.  I'm a perl guy and I'm learning python
(and liking it, actually) but my ~/bin is filled with perl scripts.

--
Brian Hatch                  "We're gonna use the
   Systems and                esca - later.  Not now.

Every message PGP signed