SPUG: It's in the pod, really. Re: JOB:...

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Sat Dec 29 16:08:54 PST 2007

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007, Fred Morris wrote:

> I looked in the posting headers to see if there was additional admin
> information, but there was nothing different than the spug-list. I recognize
> that Andrew sent this message.

What additional admin information were you looking for? Yes, the message
is sent by me. I collect the messages that come in to the job posting
address, vet them MINIMALLY, do a little text formatting, and forward it
on to the list using a bogus no-reply address. I do my best not to
misrepresent what the submitter states, but I do try to clarify the
subject (they all come in as some variation of: Need PERL programmer) and
retarget the introduction if needed.

> Don't we have guidelines for job/contract postings?

Yes. No non-text attachments. Some amount of Perl (greater than 50% say)
involved. And the minimal requested information as listed on the SPUG
website. I'm not sure what more you expect. I'm not screening them for
their business ethics (they're all at fault in some way). Beyond that,
caveat lector!

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.