SPUG: JOB: HTML index generator needs tweaking, Northgate, Muni Code publisher

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Fri Dec 28 17:46:00 PST 2007

Code Publishing Company are looking for an experienced Perl user to help
us tweak two perl scripts for the documents we host online. Each new
project requires its own perl scripts.

    - required skill-set: We use Perl for two functions: (1) process and
      rename output html files, also adding and changing hypertext links
      to the renamed files; (2) a "live" perl script which reads in the
      files in a folder and dynamically creates a table of contents
      frame based on the files.
    - initially a contract position, but could turn into a
      permanent position
    - duration is ongoing.
    - no stock options; medical and dental benefits paid by company.
    - Placement is directly through our company
    - W-2 if permanent; 1099 if contract.
    - No restrictions on 1099 status
    - Located near Northgate in Seattle
    - Telecommuting is possible after an initial period of time learning
      our product
    - Primary business: Municipal codes.

Please check out these sites (the left frame is the TOC which is
dynamically generated from a perl script attached to this email):

    - http://www.codepublishing.com/ca/hercules/  (nonstandard format)
    - http://www.codepublishing.com/CA/colusacounty/ (nonstandard format)
    - http://www.codepublishing.com/wa/bonneylake/ (standard format)

The perl script used to rename the original output files and add
hypertext links to the renamed files is also attached. We have one basic
perl script for both functions mentioned above, and they are constantly
being tweaked for new projects.

Please note that we are a Windows environment (i.e., we do not have UNIX
or Linux operating systems). The html files are originally generated
from FrameMaker source documents which have been parsed through
Quadralay's ePublisher Pro.

Thanks for your attention to our request.

Margaret O. Bustion, President
Code Publishing Co.
9410 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115