SPUG: Happy Birthday, Perl

Colin Meyer cmeyer at helvella.org
Thu Dec 20 21:05:36 PST 2007

Hi Larry,

Like many folks around the world, the Seattle Perl Users Group
celebrated Perl's 20th anniversary this last Tuesday. Our regular
monthly meeting coincided with the date, so we met at a local pub
beforehand and had cake and sang during the meeting.

Here's a photo of the cake and a recording of us geeks singing:
    http://seattleperl.org/happy_20th.html

Thanks so much for Perl! Besides being a great, fun toy to play with,
many of us make our livings working with Perl.

-SPUG.

p.s. We'd love to have you back some time. Let us know if you'll be in
     Seattle and would like to come hang out at SPUG. We meet on the
     third Tuesday of every month, but would be glad to make a special
     meeting for you. :)