SPUG: New book: "The Complete April Fools RFCs"

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Mon Apr 23 11:21:44 PDT 2007

Tom Limoncelli is a personal friend of mine.  After a few years of knowing
him socially/politically, I learned that he was also an alpha geek and an
author.

Tom just published his 3rd book.  It's playfully technical. (All mammals
learn by playing...)  His other two books (see below) are deeply technical.

To quote the email Tom sent me:

> "The Complete April Fools RFCs" by Thomas A. Limoncelli and Peter J. Salus
> 	http://www.rfc-humor.com
>
> This is a compilation of the best April Fools jokes created by the
> IETF, the group that creates the standards for how the Internet works.
> It's pretty technical but fun to read for anyone that is in software
> development, system administration, or any kind of computer geek.  A
> good, cheap, gift for the geek that has everything and is impossible
> to shop for.
>
> It is now available on Amazon:
> 	http://www.amazon.com/dp/1573980420?tag=tomontime-20

I remember my first April Fool's geek joke, a spec sheet for a write-only
memory whose applications included first-in never-out (FINO) buffers, and
overflow registers (bit buckets)
http://www.national.com/rap/files/datasheet.pdf

Tom's other two books are deeply technical, and have achieved a high buzz
level in certain circles
 - "The Practice of System and Network Administration", Addison-Wesley
 - "Time Management for System Administrators", O'Reilly wolverine cover

Josh McAdams interviewed Tom on a Perl Podcast about his time management
book. http://perlcast.com/2006/02/09/interview-with-tom-limoncelli/

Check out Tom's new book.  It sounds great for the office coffee table (or
espresso bar, here in Seattle), or as a gift for that special geek in your
life.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!