SPUG: perl modules on mac os x

luis medrano lmzaldivar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 10:20:06 PDT 2006

I'm sorry about that, there is anything I can do?

List,

I'm trying to install some modules on mac os x (10.4.7), but everytime I try
do so it looks shows the same error "Can't test without successful make".
any one knows a work around or how to make this work?

Thanks,
Luis

P.S. this part of the output message whrt

Removing previously used /var/root/.cpan/build/XML-RSS-1.10

  CPAN.pm: Going to build A/AB/ABH/XML-RSS-1.10.tar.gz

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Warning: prerequisite Test::Manifest 0.9 not found.
Warning: prerequisite XML::Parser 2.23 not found.
Writing Makefile for XML::RSS
    -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

  install LWP::Simple
Running install for module LWP::Simple
Running make for G/GA/GAAS/libwww-perl-5.805.tar.gz
  Is already unwrapped into directory /var/root/.cpan/build/libwww-
perl-5.805
  Has already been processed within this session
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

  Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for LWP
    -- NOT OK