SPUG: Slice of HashOfHash

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes sthoenna at efn.org
Mon Nov 20 13:25:40 PST 2006

Charles E DeRykus wrote:
> Did you perhaps mean  the proposed ?? (hook-hook operator)
> rather than  // ... ?

?? is dead, long live //.

// (pronouced defined-or, or dor, since it's no longer composed of hooks)
will be in perl 5.10, and is available in 5.8 if you apply the appropriate
patch from http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/H/HM/HMBRAND/.

> P.S.
> for anyone wondering what 'hook-hook' is all about:
> http://www.perl.com/tchrist/defop/defconfaq.html

That document is a real slick piece of work; you kind of lose track of the
strawmen after a while.  I especially like the link to the defprofaq at
the bottom that serves the page up with an incorrect MIME type.