SPUG: JOB: Software Engineer at CarDomain

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Mon Nov 6 12:53:22 PST 2006

Software Engineer

CarDomain Network

Do you have a desire to work at one of Washington's fastest growing
companies? CarDomain Network operates the web's largest community for auto
enthusiasts and an industry-leading online store, visited by over 1.8
million unique users per month. The company operates two primary lines of
business: Media and Retail. Founded in 1998, CarDomain Network is
privately held and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We seek
intelligent, energetic, highly motivated people who want to be part of
building a leading consumer brand. We offer a competitive compensation and
benefits package that includes: employer-paid health benefits, disability,
life insurance, matching 401(k), stock options, free lunch Fridays and a
great Lake Union location. Come make a difference at a growing company!

The Opportunity

We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our growing
engineering team. This individual will assist in the development of online
applications for our web properties. The position entails close
interaction with both technical and business staff and requires
sensitivity to end-user business requirements.

Responsibilities
* Technical design and implementation of secure, scalable, and
  high-performance online systems and applications.
* Lead technical planning on assigned engineering initiatives.
* Successfully translate business requirements into technical
  specifications and finished products/services.
* Assist in Quality Assurance as needed.
* Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant
  specifications, systems, and procedures.
* Provide mentoring and training for junior staff.

Qualifications
* BS or advanced degree in computer science or related technical field.
* Excellent knowledge of OO Perl.
* 5+ years of work experience in website and software application
  development in UNIX environment.
* Thorough understanding of relational databases and SQL. Extensive
  experience with Oracle and/or MySQL.
* Strong knowledge of Version Control Systems.
* Thorough knowledge of Apache and mod_perl.
* Extensive experience with the full software development life cycle.
* In-depth experience with Linux/UNIX and desire to work with Open
  Source technology.
* Desire to work in fast-paced team environment.

Contact:
Lara Zwerling, HR Recruiter/Generalist
lzwerling at cardomain.com
Direct: (206) 926-2136
Fax: (206) 926-2299
1633 Westlake Avenue North, Suite 100, Seattle, WA 98109