SPUG: mod_perl web hosting

Adam Monsen haircut at gmail.com
Wed May 3 01:08:54 PDT 2006

On 5/2/06, Gary Hawkins <ghawk at eskimo.com> wrote:

> If you know of a web-hosting company with mod_perl, particularly if you
> have
> some positive experience with them, please let me know, I'm trying to
> decide
> where to place a website.

[...]

Gary, I'd highly recommend paying for a virtual colocation server, and
installing mod_perl yourself. mod_perl installations are generally quite
customized, and I can't imagine a one-size-fits-all hosting service. Keith
Lofstrom gave a great talk this past weekend at Linuxfest Northwest on
virtual colo places like Rimuhosting, Vcolo and the like. Unfortunately, I
can't find a link to the talk right now (maybe someone else out there has
the link?).

That said, I'm curious to know if anyone /does/ offer some kind of
off-the-shelf mod_perl hosting, and what they offer.

--
Adam Monsen