SPUG: 2 QA postions at Whitepages.com, downtown
jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Tue Jun 20 06:54:24 PDT 2006
Whitepages has two openings for QA folks in our downtown Seattle offices
(Raniner Tower, 5th and Union). We call these positions 'QAIII';
essentially our highest level individual contributor roles. At this time
we have both a lead and a non-lead position open, and are accepting
resumes for both until further notice.
These are both full-time permanent (W-2) positions with full Whitpeages
benefits including but not limited to:
* Profit sharing
* Stock options,
* Yearly education allowance,
* Puget Sound Flex Pass,
* Free snacks and
* Free Friday Lunch.
Required Skill Set- See job description below.
Contact our recruiter directly (see below) for information
Here's the job description for the QA III position. The Lead role is
essentially the same, but with some previous lead experience added.
WhitePages.com, Inc. is a profitable, diverse, and rapidly growing company
that is a leader in providing online directory assistance and data
services. We serve millions of users each month from our top-ranked Web
properties including WhitePages.com and WhitePages.ca. Our offices are
located in downtown Seattle, and we provide a work environment that is
casual, yet challenging, fun and fast-paced.
The Quality Assurance Engineer III is responsible for writing,
implementing and executing manual and automated test cases to exercise our
product components, APIs, proprietary data and search layer as well as our
in-house data sets. The Quality Assurance Engineer III will be expected to
find, isolate and enter bug reports in a bug database (including difficult
to isolate bugs requiring creative investigations and persistence),
organize larger investigations to isolate bugs, and work directly with
Development and Program Management to get bugs fixed. Quality Assurance
III will help design quality assurance processes and related testing
* Write, implement, and execute manual test cases to exercise system
* Design, implement, and execute automated test harnesses to exercise
* Design, create and execute complex QA programs using multiple
* Identify and isolate complex software issues and communicate them
effectively to engineering through written bug reports.
* Analyze and communicate the impact of code changes across our various
* Analyze data sets for validity and consistency.
* Create, update and maintain test cases and test plans.
* Document automation process and test approach for area of
* Provide complete and accurate release notes
* Work with QA team to define and maintain a quality test case repository.
* Write and track software defects using bug tracking software.
* Track and communicate test results and testing status.
* Meet development milestones and business objectives on schedule.
* Contribute with strong personal effort and commitment to engineering
* Demonstrate solid understanding of software design cycle along with good
problem solving, documentation, and communications skills.
* Communicate closely and effectively with engineering management, leads,
* Communicate closely and effectively with product managers and business
management, leads, and peers.
* Mentor and train other team members on QA best practices and domain
* Assist with project management tasks (e.g. scheduling, task and project
estimation, status report, etc.) as necessary.
* Assist with recruiting and interviewing as necessary
Education and Experience required:
* BS or advanced degree in computer science, engineering,(or equivalent
* At least 5-7 years of experience in Quality Assurance using a variety of
tools and techniques
* At least 5- 7 years of experience testing websites and web-based
* Advanced knowledge of standard QA process and procedures, test tools and
methodologies, and product life cycles/
* Advanced knowledge of software development and engineering practices.
* Advanced knowledge of Web user interfaces and expected user experiences
in Windows, Linux and/or Mac environments.
* Knowledge of Perl or equivalent automation programming language(s).
* Intermediate to advanced experience with SQL, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL,
or related technologies.
* Experience developing complex test cases from business requirements and
* Experience developing complex test scripts for an online environment
within a Perl framework.
* Demonstrated ability to understand, write, and maintain technical
* Advanced experience with load and stress testing.
* Advanced experience creating and executing complicated product path test
* Experience scripting in an open source environment for test automation.
* Experience creating and/or updating automation test scripts.
* Advanced or expert skills with Windows, Linux, CVS, Apache, editors,
relational databases and automation tools.
* Experience with Directory Assistance, Marketing List, or similar data
(names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, demographic profiles,
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Communicate effectively and represent QA standards and practices in
individual and group communication.
* Advanced, independent analytical skills (problem solving, debugging
* Contributes to the QA process and software development life cycle in a
* Strong analytical ability and experience in designing and executing
complex test plans.
* Define, apply, and improve QA practices in the company.
* Self reliant and able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to successfully organize and balance priorities of multiple
Please respond to Daina Wilburn at the email address or phone listed
W H I T E P A G E S .C O M | I N C
p: 206.812.9216 | f: 206.621.1375
dwilburn at whitepages.com
More information about the spug-list