SPUG: JOB: Perl QA Test Engineer, Seattle, life sciences
jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Mon Jun 12 13:56:29 PDT 2006
Job Title: Perl Software Testing Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Geospiza, a leading developer of information systems for the management
and analysis of data for the life sciences, is looking for an experienced
quality assurance software engineer to join our growing software
development team. The position reports to the Development Program Manager
and is responsible for the development of regression tests for Geospiza's
flagship product, the Finch-Suite.
* Create and maintain a regression test suite
o Work with QA lead and development managers to develop a framework for
automated regression testing of a web/database application
o Generate a series of unit tests for the regression suite that test
existing stable application functionality
o Maintain the regression test suite by modifying the suite for new and
* Execute testing
o Execute multiple software configurations against multiple hardware
systems, operating systems, and databases
o Perform functional, performance, and regression testing
o Identify and report defects and product improvements
o Collect, analyze and report quality metrics to management
* Maintain an automated data population suite
* Assist the continual development of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
for software development and validation
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our software development team.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience with Perl and unit test
development, be detail and precision-oriented, have good verbal and written
communication skills, and have the capability and desire to initiate and
follow through on a significant QA project. The QA engineer will work within
our team as well as independently. An interest in genomic biology and a love
of Perl will greatly enhance the individual's experience on our team.
Required Technical Skills:
* At least 3 years of experience writing software tests.
* Experience testing web-based applications.
* At least 3 years of experience working with Perl.
* Solid experience in functional, integration, regression, and user
* Ability to write automated test scripts for unit testing from UI to
* Understanding of software testing methodology.
* Experience with source code management systems, CVS preferred.
* Experience with relational databases.
* Experience working within a software development life cycle
* Experience communicating and documenting technical concepts, procedures,
* Ability to document tests and steps to reproduce, as well as to repeat
Desired Technical Skills:
* Experience working with bug/request tracking systems.
* Experience in the production of web applications on the
* Experience in Linux, Solaris, and MacOSX operating systems
* Experience with PostgreSQL
* Experience with Oracle
* placement directly with company
* physical location: Queen Anne, Seattle
* no specific incentive plans
* W-2 status
* telecommuting - no
Inquiries to: jobs at geospiza.com
More information about the spug-list