SPUG: JOB: Intermediate Web Perl at Internet Retailer

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Fri Jun 2 11:27:47 PDT 2006

CollegeGear.com, the largest and most powerful collaboration of collegiate
and pro licensed manufacturers and retailers on the Internet, is currently
seeking a Perl programmer. We're looking for a bright, self motivated, and
experienced Perl programmer to work on our internally developed web
applications. You will be working with our system architect and lead
programmer to create new tools and adapt old ones to keep up with a
dynamic business environment.

What we offer:
- a small, growing company
- fast development cycles
- your efforts are visible and have immediate impact on the business
- CollegeGear.com started in 1997 and is an industry leader
- a highly motivated team

Required skills:
- 4 years Perl programming (for hire) in web applications, at least three
  of those years working face-to-face with others.
- 1 year developing or modifying a functioning Perl-based e-commerce
  system.
- 5 years successfully working closely with other people. This can be in
  any field of gainful employement. - 2 years working in modern web-based
  application development (involving generation of HTML, CSS, or
  Javascript).
- Clear and consistent coding style, willing to adapt to a corporate
  coding standard.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and concepts through spoken and
  written word and diagrams (whiteboard communication skills).
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following standard CPAN
  modules: HTML::Template, Template Toolkit, DBI, CGI::Application,
  Catalyst, or other Perl-based MVC frameworks.
- Basic SQL query creation.

Desired skills:
- Any kind of work in the retail/warehouse/distribution industry.
- Database design & intermediate SQL.
- A love of the Perl language.
- Object oriented programming concepts, from a pragmatic viewpoint.

Bonus points for the following:
- Debian GNU/Linux administration or package maintenance.

Travel: none
Terms of employment: Salaried employee
Length of employment: long-term
Hours: Full time
Onsite: Yes
Location: Seattle, WA
Compensation: USD up to $60k DOE

Send text (ASCII) cover letter and resume to:
  perl+spmint [at] collegegear [dot] com