SPUG: InsideOut Objects talk and UW Perl informational meeting

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Tue Jul 25 10:19:38 PDT 2006

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Doug Treder wrote:

> As I mentioned last night,  I'd volunteer to give a 1.5-hour talk on Inside
> Out objects.  It was part of the Advanced Perl OO class I gave for the UW
> extension a few months ago; and has been presented at Amazon.com as well.
> If the SPUG coordinator contacts me I can also forward a PDF of slides.  (I
> also have a backup short presentation, if we have extra time, on how to use
> Perl to translate English to Elvish!)

Odd, I thought there was a module on CPAN for this, but all I found was
the module to write Perl scripts in Orkish.
A friend at an anti-spam company was disturbingly happy to see that URL.
> In other news, the UW Extension is holding an informational meeting for the
> Perl Certificate tonight at 6 pm (1 hour)  at the Puget Sound Plaza (1325

The URL for the program is
and there is one more info meeting after today as well as contact
information for those who can't attend the meetings.

I'm not affiliated with the program in any way.