SPUG: XML::Generator module

Mike Schuh schuh at farmdale.com
Fri Jul 14 15:16:44 PDT 2006

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, luis medrano wrote:

>I trying to generated a XML file using XML::Generator module but the
>header I need to create is this "<?xml version="1.0"
>encoding="UTF-8"?>" but with this modulte is generating this "<?xml
>version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
>" I would like to remove standalone="yes" but I have not found a way
>of doing this.

I haven't tried this, but the documentation
(http://search.cpan.org/~bholzman/XML-Generator-0.99/Generator.pm) says:

"If a dtd was set in the constructor, the standalone attribute of the
declaration will be set to 'no' and the doctype declaration will be
appended to the XML declartion, otherwise the standalone attribute will be
set to 'yes'. This can be overridden by providing a 'standalone' key in
@args. If you do not want the standalone attribute to show up, explicitly
provide undef as the value."

--
Mike Schuh -- Seattle, Washington USA