SPUG: regular expressions

Randy Rue rrue at fhcrc.org
Tue Jan 17 14:07:14 PST 2006

Bear with me for a newbie question, I'm right at the second regex
chapeter in Learning Pearl and this question caught my attention:

What does the (\w) in the pattern do to the \b word separator? I thought
it might give whitespace as the word delimiter (and so keep words like
"that's" as a single word) but the output still comes out as "That'S."

How else could I treat contractions?

Randy Rue

--
Randall Rue