SPUG: The SPUG Report, 21 February 2006

Andrew Sweger andrew at seattleperl.org
Wed Feb 22 20:16:51 PST 2006

About 16 folks showed up and got to see Geoffrey Grosenbach's Ruby on
Rails presentation. No over ripe vegetables were thrown during the
meeting. Even Geoffrey's hired hecklers were suspiciously quiet during the
presentation. I walked out of the meeting even more impressed with Ruby
and the Rails framework. I also felt even more sure about my choice to
stick with Perl (for I am getting older and crustier). Besides, Perl 6
will be done any day now, right?

I dropped hints that next month we might have a presentation from Jerry
Gay on Parrot. I also suggested that folks might put pressure on a certain
long-time SPUGger to put together a Catalyst presentation.

Consider yourself warned that the next regular SPUG meeting is Tuesday
evening, 21 March 2006. The next announcement should come out sometime
before the morning of 21 March 2006. ;)

--
Andrew B. Sweger           |  P.O. Box 33147
President                  |  Seattle WA 98133