SPUG: CGI and DBI_File not playing nice

Orr, Chuck (NOC) chuck.orr at cingular.com
Wed Feb 15 09:22:45 PST 2006

Hello,

     I am trying to use a tied hash to speed up a cgi application.  The
tied data structure works well as long as I do lookups from perl running
on the same machine.  When I use CGI and there is a web interface, the
following error pops up:

Can't load
'/usr/perl5/5.6.lib/5.6.1/sun4-solaris-thread-multi/auto/DB_File/DB_File
/DB_File.so' for module DB_File:  ld.so.1:  lookup_uber_hash.cgi:
fatal:  libgcc_s.so.1: open failed:  No such file or directory at
/usr/perl5/5.6/lib/5.6.1/sun4-solaris-thread-multi-XSloader.om line 75

This is followed by a couple of compilation errors.

I also have perl 5.005_03 running on the same box with the same modules
installed.  They were installed by a different guy and if I run the same
script in this version of perl, it fails in the exact same way.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Chuck