SPUG: shebang line on Suse (oxymoronically) requires an option

BenRifkah Bergsten-Buret benb at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 2 09:42:57 PDT 2006

Michael R. Wolf wrote:
>   I get a message from the shell indicating an illegal processor, but
> it doesn't mention /usr/bin/perl in the error message.

What shell is giving you the problem? Can you provide the exact text of
the error message?  Is it possible that your shebang line was changed to
"#!/usr/bin/per1" (note the numeral one at the end of the line).  When I
tried this under bash on Debian I got the message "-bash: ./shebang.pl:
/usr/bin/per1: bad interpreter: No such file or directory".

-- Ben