SPUG: problems installing DateTime module

DeRykus, Charles E charles.e.derykus at boeing.com
Thu Apr 27 16:54:41 PDT 2006

> You could delete the build directory and redo the install drill
> ( > perl Makefile.PL; make; make test; make install)

I wasn't reading carefully enough. Since it appears you're using
CPAN.pm to install, easiest would be simply to reinstall with CPAN
and capture errors:

perl -MCPAN -e 'shell' | tee install.log

Or, you could `cd` into the CPAN build directory and try manually
installing while capturing output with `tee`.

> One useful technique to capture errors is to tee the drill
> output:

> make 2>&1 | tee make.log

> Then check the log for any warnings and/or errors/abnormalities.
> This'll at least tell you when things started to go south.

hth,
--
Charles DeRykus