SPUG: Data::Dumper, was re: Help

Randall Lucas rlucas at tercent.com
Fri Sep 30 14:19:42 PDT 2005

> I need to extract what is on $responce meaning values and keys related to
> those values.
>
> I hope this can be more clear and any of you can point me on the right
> direction.

Luis, in general you will find Data::Dumper to be quite helpful:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use Data::Dumper;

print Dumper \$response;
# note that you should generally put a \ in front of the var to
# make it a reference, although in this case it already likely is.
__END__

This graphically prints out the content of the variable in an eval-able
(perl code) form, giving you the full breakdown of keys, values, etc.

Best,

Randall

--
Randall Lucas       Tercent, Inc.       DF93EAD1