SPUG: FW: Perl Question

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Mon Sep 12 22:44:43 PDT 2005

I got this question from a recent student in one of the Perl classes I
taught.  Anyone ever heard of such a thing or have an idea other than a
simple shell-like script that copies and fiddles with permissions?

How do you convert a perl script with an extension of .pl into a Windows
Command Script with an extension of .CMD?

I know how to convert a perl script into a Windows Batch Script with pl2bat
but I can't seem to find a similar utility for .CMD files.

There must be a way since a former vendor has done all of their Perl scripts
in this manner.

Do you have any ideas?

Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!