SPUG: JOB: University of Washington, 3 positions
jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Tue Nov 22 11:16:13 PST 2005
There are 3 new software engineering positions open with University of
Washington's Computing and Communications.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or related field.
* Five years of experience implementing and supporting software systems
with a focus on network management and monitoring.
* In-depth knowledge of UNIX and Windows.
* Strong programming skills in more than one high-level programming
* Experience with TCP/IP networking.
* Experience with SQL-based databases and building database-backed
* Experience with Perl, CORBA, Java, SOAP, Postgresql, Apache.
* Experience building web services and using Java application servers such
* Experience with SNMP, rrdtool, MRTG, netflow.
* Experience configuring network devices such as Ethernet switches and
* Experience with network security systems.
This is a permanent position.
Currently, we are physically located in the University District.
Please use the official UW HR instructions detailed at the
bottom of the online job posting to apply for any of these positions.
To access the job postings you must go to
http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/jobs/apl/. Next, follow the "External
Candidates: Search and apply for UW jobs" link. Enter "Network Tools" in
the "Keywords" text field and click the search button. Alternatively, you
can search for job req # 16662, 16671, or 16670.
More information about the spug-list