SPUG: Next meeting?

jerry gay jerry.gay at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 07:17:20 PST 2005

On 11/8/05, David Robins <spug at i4031.net> wrote:
> Looks like the thread on SPUG meeting revival petered out.  This is sad

indeed, sad it is. i find it particularly sad because i offered to
give a talk, and nobody responded to my offer--neither affirmative or
negative. as i mentioned, *it would be my first talk* at a perl group.
the lack of response is quite discouraging. so discouraging, in fact,
that i've contacted portland's perl group about joining them for a
meeting. there's a social gathering tomorrow, and i just may drive
5hrs round trip for it. am i crazy?

> Are there any concrete plans for more meetings (I waited for the TBD for the
> last one announced to be resolved, but alas)?  Or do I have to hop in my
> trusty time machine and go back to October 18, 2005 like
> http://seattleperl.org says?

i don't think you'd be happy when you got there and realized that the
october meeting had been cancelled. has there been a meeting since
stas bekman visited in august? (i forget, at the moment.) do we need
to bring him back in order to have another?

> Are there not enough people?  Is there no further interest, or is everyone
> just too busy?  Do we not have a place to meet?

i *cannot* provide a place for a technical meet, but i can and will
attend a social gathering any time possible. so, why don't we do a
social meet next tuesday--i'll be there. i'm willing to meet downtown,
or on the east side, whereever is convenient for everybody.

from the website duane set up: http://www.communitywalk.com/map/438#
(user: spug, pass: spugger) it seems most folks work downtown, between
90 and 520. anyone have a favorite bar or *gack* coffee shop? i don't
have one to suggest, since i haven't enjoyed a night out at a downtown
bar since i moved here in march.

somebody? anybody? please join me and hopefully david for a social
meeting a week from today. do i really need to go to portland to get
my fix?
~jerry