SPUG: Trouble with DBD::Sybase

Brian Hatch bri at ifokr.org
Mon May 30 22:11:15 PDT 2005

Anyone use DBD::Sybase to talk to a MS SQL server and call
stored procedures with bind parameters?  When I do this

  $sth = $dbh->prepare('exec proc_name \@p1 = ?, \@p2 = ?');
  $sth->prepare(1, 0, SQL_DECIMAL);
  $sth->prepare(2, 0, SQL_DECIMAL);
  $sth->execute()

As soon as I do the first prepare I get a SIGSEGV and my
program crashes.

Mind you this is a linux box, running code by a linux biggot,
trying to talk to a microsoft server.  But still, this is
perplexing.

Parameters are integers, and thus I can't use generic execute
because that causes it to assume SQL_CHAR.

--
Brian Hatch                  Atheism is a
   Systems and                non-prophet organization.

Every message PGP signed