SPUG: Any place in Seattle proper good for sysadmin shopping?

James Moore james at banshee.com
Mon May 9 23:02:49 PDT 2005

I need a couple PCI riser cards for a 1U case (the 90 degree twist thingies
to put in a card parallel to the motherboard - I don't even know what
they're actually called), and I'd rather not have to drive down to Frys.
Anyone know a serious geek shop here in Seattle?

More generally - I'm going to be in the market for some new server hardware
in the very near future.  Recommendations for a shop that carries that sort
of thing, who won't give me a blank stare when I ask for basics like
rackmount cases?  Normally I mailorder this kind of stuff, but I'm thinking
that I'm going to want a place that carries spare parts etc within easy
distance of Pioneer Square.

Oh, darn it, this is a Perl list.  If I specify that they need to carry at
least one Perl book, does that make this msg on-topic? ;-]

 - James