SPUG: Seeking "Newbie" presentation for April

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Sat Mar 12 01:12:50 PST 2005

The April SPUG meeting will be on the 19th. I would like someone to offer
to give a Perl presentation targetted to the "beginner". By that I mean
folks who are at that early point in their Perl education where they know
enough to do just a little, but are banging their heads trying to make
headway into the more useful and powerful areas (regexes, modules,
references, abstractions, OO, etc.). I suspect this is a critical juncture
for the Perl Newbie where they might be swayed to take up some other
language. Please don't let them give in to temptation of the snake!

Feel free to throw presentation ideas out to the list for discussion or
contact me directly. I'm hoping to format the meeting for a 45 to 60
minute presentation with the remaining time for questions, discussion, and
breakout groups (or pairing).

Please note that we will need experienced Perl programmers at the April
meeting if this is going to work. Mark your calendars. (Every third
Tuesday of the month!) Tell your boss (and family) that you have to take
time off the evenings of the third Tuesdays. If you have to, tell them
it's for religious reasons!

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.