SPUG: JOB: Object-Oriented Perl/Windows Programmer

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Tue Jun 14 15:57:23 PDT 2005

Seeking Object-Oriented Perl/Windows Programmer.

Company seeks a full-time, Perl programmer to develop and maintain
enterprise level data acquisition applications in a Windows environment.
The position will require taking full ownership of a complex and mission
critical codebase. Must have 1-2 years of experience using Perl in a
Windows-only environment. This is not a CGI web development position; a
different team handles presentation of data.

While strong Windows sysadmin skills are a plus, this is not a maintenance
scripting position.  The existing system is heavily object-oriented and
candidates will be expected to work within the framework that has been
constructed.  We believe that Perl is 'real' programming language, not
'just' a scripting language, and we code accordingly.

Perl Skills (required):

  DBI
  Object-oriented Perl
  Regular Expressions

Perl Module Knowledge (good subset of):

  Archive::Zip
  HTTP::Daemon
  LWP
  MIME
  Net::POP3
  Net::SMTP
  Net::Telnet
  PDF::API2
  Text::MagicTemplate
  Win32::File
  Win32::Mutex
  Win32::OLE
  Win32::Process
  XML::Simple

General Skills/Knowledge:

  HTML Internet protocols (general)
  PDF
  SQL     (specifically SQL Server)
  Web robots
  Windows (specifically 2000)

Also, if possible, experience with:

  Argus    (www.ICENI.com)
  Doxygen  (www.doxygen.org)
  WordPort (www.ACII.com)

Job Details:

  permanent, no contracts
  no stock option incentive plans at this time
  candidate deals directly with employer
  W-2 only, with benefits
  located in Redmond, WA
  no telecommuting

The company provides Internet subscription-based Case Law research access:

  http://www.versuslaw.com

Contact:

  Fax/email resumes to 425.250.0157, jobs at versuslaw.com