SPUG: In over my head with hashes of arrays of arrays

mike mike206 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:03:41 PDT 2005

apologies in advance for any duplicates of this message.

is there any particular reason why you guys stick with the
'$hash{key}' or '$array[x]' method instead of using references?

Is it just a matter of preference?

Using references forces you to 'caste' the reference as an array (
@{$ref} ) or a hash ( %{$ref} ) when using stuff like push or keys.

Using actual arrays and hashes force you to \@array when passing to
subroutines.

Any other thoughs on this?