SPUG: In over my head with hashes of arrays of arrays

Jeremy G. Kahn kahn at cpan.org
Fri Jul 22 16:36:41 PDT 2005

Hey Duane (*waves*):

The trick is to think object-y.  An array which has an array at each
element is a 2-d array, or a Grid.

So if the value of each hash key is a reference to a Grid, you're okay,
right?

$myhash{evens} = [ [0,2,4], [4,6,8] ];
$myhash{odds} = [ [1,3,5], [7,9,11] ];

then you can access it as $myhash{$odds}->[0][0] .

cf `perldoc perlol`; `perldoc perldsc`, `perldoc perlref` and (probably
what you'll want in the long run) `perldoc perlobj`.

--jeremy