SPUG: kwiki problems

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Fri Jul 22 11:15:01 PDT 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Jay Scherrer wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 23:43 -0700, Adam Monsen wrote:
> > Is there a way to only allow logged-in users to modify the wiki? Maybe
> > this would help ease future maintenance.
> >
> Wouldn't it be cool if some how we were to implement a form of cvs or
> svn type of tracking? Authorizing only registered user's to login via
> their public ssh key. This would also allow a form of archiving and
> rollbacks. Or is this detrimental to the whole idea of wikidness ?

Well, the way Todd was able to fix the wiki was by rolling back the pages
to previous revisions. The revisions are stored in RCS files which just
happen to be the same way CVS stores files in its repository. So, we
effectively have had this all along.

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.