SPUG: The SPUG Report, 18 January 2005

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Tue Jan 18 20:27:57 PST 2005

The year is off with a bang. Trey Harris' Commands Guarded[1] module will
forever change the way I write so-called one-off scripts for system
administration and just about everything else that seems to come back to
haunt me. I've already built a Debian package for version 0.01. Let me
know if you need a copy. Trey says the module documentation[1] essentially
covers the presentation in prose form. Pretty sweet for 200 lines or so of
code.

Looks like about 18 people showed up for the meeting tonight.

SPUG is now the largest Perl group represented on Meetup.com[2] with 46
members. Looks like Meetup.com is a great way to manage meetings. 15
people RSVP'd for tonight's meeting (yes or maybe). Thanks for using it.

I'm sure I speak for everyone at tonight's meeting in giving our thanks to
Trey for showing us that making something better can be easy, painless,
and smart. Danke!

[1] - http://search.cpan.org/~trey/Commands-Guarded-0.01/Guarded.pm
[2] - http://perl.meetup.com/86/

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.